Outcast Films is a leading educational distribution company committed to delivering fresh, compelling documentaries into classrooms and libraries. By using film and new media, Outcast Films engages educators, community leaders and activists around social justice issues and the environment.
Our goal is not only to distribute great documentaries, but position them as catalysts for change in the community. We do this by providing filmmakers the ability to connect with students and teachers through multiple outreach activities.
Outcast Films is a distribution company that assists filmmakers in engaging educators, community leaders and activists around social justice and environmental issues. We develop strategic educational marketing and sales initiatives for documentaries aimed at colleges and universities, academic conferences, public libraries, community centers, government agencies and other NGO’s.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Build and maintain database of potential partners and customers
- Research conferences for various fields of study such as the following: Law; Sustainability; Health Care; LGBTQ Studies; Women’s Studies; Film Studies; Art; etc.
- Find academic on-line and print publications, including blogs, journals and websites for marketing opportunities.
- On-line research for NGO, academic and community-based organizations.
- Monitor current events and news affecting documentaries and progressive issues
- Watch new documentaries and write up S.W.O.T.s (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Trends)
- Assist with marketing and distribution tasks as needed
- Excellent communication, computer and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent follow up skills
- Access to a computer with a thorough knowledge of MS Office applications and Skype
- Insightful knowledge of political, environmental, health, social, economic and cultural issues effecting our planet
- Interest in film, video, media distribution and marketing. Production skills helpful but not required.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Word Press a plus
Work up to 5 hours a week for $15 an hour. Location is flexible.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to the following email@example.com with “Research Assistant” in the subject line.
Back to top
Outcast Films is currently seeking a qualified intern with strong work ethics and communication skills to assist us in our marketing and promotion outreach.
MARKETING INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION:
• Researching print and online publications including journals, books, articles, and blogs
• Organize and collate contact information and mailing lists into contact management systems
• Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
• Provide support to social media efforts
• Perform extensive online subject area research
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Outcast Films is looking for a qualified intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites. The intern hired for this position will need strong communications and critical thinking skills.
• Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
• Online research
• Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more
For all internships, the candidates must have excellent communication, computer and writing skills;
Should have excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented;
Insightful knowledge of progressive environmental and social issues a big plus!
We also require that you have a faculty adviser support you so that they can assist Outcast Films in making this the best educational experience for you.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone studying film, communications or marketing. Because all of our internships are virtual, you can work from wherever you like, whenever you like, as long as you have access to a computer.
All Outcast Films internship positions are unpaid, however, there are some perks involved especially if you live in NYC.
Work hours are flexible but requires a minimum of 4 hours/week or a minimum of 200 total hours.
Please send cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Don’t forget to tell us to which internship you are applying!