Outcast Films is a media company focused on environmental and social justice issue films.
Founded in 2004, Outcast Films has worked with acclaimed directors, first-time filmmakers, and Academy Award® winning producers including David Heilbroner and Kate Davis (Say Her Name: The Life and Death of Sandra Bland, Southern Comfort); Su Freidrich (Sink or Swim, Hide and Seek, The Ties That Bind); Rachel Boynton (Our Brand is Crisis, Big Men); and Deia Schlosberg (The Story of Plastic, How to Let Go of the World and Love All the Things Climate Can’t Change); and many more.
We work in collaboration with producers to develop and implement strategic marketing and sales initiatives aimed at educational institutions, public libraries, corporate social responsibility departments and programs, grass roots community groups and faith-based organizations.
The educational market can be vast and lucrative for filmmakers. Through targeted marketing and outreach for your film, Outcast Films will help maximize your opportunities in this always changing environment to reach your goals.
OUR BASIC SERVICES
• Strategic educational and grassroots outreach campaign development
• Educational DVD & DSL sales and rentals
• In-person and virtual event bookings (serving as a speaker’s agent for filmmakers)
• Organize live virtual events and host Q&A’s with filmmakers/panelists
• Recruit scholars and experts for advocacy work
• Submit films to academic journals and reviewers both online and in print
• Assist in community screening guide development
• Organize and execute mail and advertising campaigns
• Order processing, customer service, inventory management, and shopping cart services
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR FILM
If your film is focused on environmental or social justice issues send us an email email@example.com with a brief introduction about yourself and background, along with any relevant materials, including, the film’s trailer, press kit, and your marketing goals. While we work with a variety of filmmakers, our services work best with those producers who are actively involved in the outreach and marketing of their films. Please note, we seek completed films only.
For additional information about any of our services or our acquisition process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org